- This event has passed.
SRBA BOARD MEETING TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 29, 2020
September 29 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
NOTICE OF SULPHUR RIVER BASIN AUTHORITY
BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING
TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 29, 2020 @ 1:00 P.M.
FRANKLIN COUNTY LAW ENFORCEMENT CENTER
208 S. HIGHWAY 37, MOUNT VERNON, TEXAS
ALL INTERESTED PARTIES ARE INVITED TO ATTEND
Notice is hereby given pursuant to the Texas Open Meeting Act, Chapter 551, Texas Government Code, that the Board of Directors of the Sulphur River Basin Authority will conduct a meeting, open to the public, on Tuesday, September 29, 2020 at 1:00 p.m., at the Franklin County Law Enforcement Center, 208 S. Highway 37, Mt. Vernon, Texas.
The Board of Directors may discuss, consider, and take all necessary action, including possible expenditure of funds regarding any of the agenda item below. The Board of Directors is authorized by the Texas Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551, Texas Government Code, to convene in a closed executive session for certain purposes at any time to discuss any item on a board meeting agenda. These purposes include receiving legal advice from its attorney (Section 551.071); discussing real property matters (Section 551.072); discussing gifts and donations; (Section 551.073); discussing personnel matter (Section 551.074); discussing security personnel or devices (Section 551.076); or discussing economic development matter (Section 551.087). Any subject discussed in executive session may be subject to action during an open meeting.
If the Board of Directors makes a determination to go into a closed executive session on any item on this agenda, the Presiding Officers will announce that a closed executive session will be held and will identify the item to be discussed and provision of the Open Meetings Act that authorizes the closed executive session.
1. Meeting called to order at 1:00 p.m. and welcome all in attendance.
3. Public Comments.
4. Presentation of “Resolution” to Representative Dan Flynn for his support and appreciation to SRBA.
5. Discuss and take action on the Minutes for August 18, and September 01, 2020.
6. Discuss and take action on the expenditure reports.
7. Recess into closed executive session to discuss personnel matter in accordance with Section 551.074, Texas Government Code: The Board of Directors will discuss the employment of search firm The Pace Group and Chris Hartung Consultant, Inc., to manage the search for the Executive Director position. The Board of Directors will also discuss the employing Chris Hartung for Interim Executive Director for SRBA.
8. Re-convene into open session to consider any action from the executive session.
9. Discuss and take action on The Pace Group for search firm to manage the search for an Executive Director for SRBA.
10. Discuss and take action on Chris Hartung, Consultant, Inc., for search firm to manage the search for an Executive Director for SRBA.
11. Discuss and take action on employing Chris Hartung for Interim Executive Director for SRBA.
12. Announcements from the Chairman and/or Board of Directors.