SRBA BOARD MEETING TUESDAY, JUNE 15, 2021
June 15 @ 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
THE SULPHUR RIVER BASIN AUTHORITY
REGULAR BOARD OF DIRECTORS MONTHLY MEETING
TUESDAY, JUNE 15, 2021 @ 1:00 P.M.
MT. PLEASANT CIVIC CENTER AT
1800 N. JEFFERSON STREET IN
MT. PLEASANT, TEXAS
ALL INTERESTED PARTIES ARE INVITED TO ATTEND
Notice is hereby given pursuant to the Texas Open Meeting Act, Chapter 551, Texas Government Code, that the
Board of Directors of the Sulphur River Basin Authority will conduct a meeting, open to the public, on Tuesday, June 15, 2021, at 1:00 p.m., at the Mt. Pleasant Civic Center, 1800 N. Jefferson St, Mt. Pleasant, Texas.
The Board of Directors may discuss, consider and take all necessary action, including possible expenditure of funds, regarding any of the agenda item below. The Board of Directors is authorized by the Texas Open Meeting Act, Chapter 551, Texas Government Code, to convene in a closed executive session for certain purposes at any time to discuss any item on a board meeting agenda. These purposes include receiving legal advice from its attorney (Section 551.071); discussing real property matter (Section 551.072); discussing gifts and donations (Section 551.073); or discussing personnel matter (Section 551.074); discussing security personnel or devices (Section 551.076); or discussing economic development matter (Section 551.087). If the Board of Directors makes a determination to go into closed executive session on any item on this agenda, the Presiding Officers will announce that a closed executive session will be held and will identify the item to be discussed and provision of the Open meeting act that authorizes the closed session.
- Meeting called to order at 1:00 p.m. and welcome all in attendance.
- Public Comments.
- Discuss and take action on the Minutes for May 18, 2021.
- Discuss and take action on the expenditure reports.
- Discuss and take action on approval the TCEQ Contract 582-22-30082 for FY2021-2023.
- Discuss and take action on recommendation made by the RFQ’s Committee Members
and Chris Hartung, Executive Director on TCEQ/CRP Interlocal Agreement for SRBA.
- Discuss and take action on funding of 10% of the cost, $7,409.70, for a proposed study
of lake bathymetry including sediment analysis for Jim Chapman Lake.
- Discuss and take action on funds SRBA has received this year for FY2022 Budget.
City of Talco, Texas, $1,000.00; TRI Special Utility District, $10,000.00; and Cypress Springs Special Utility District, $8,000.00.
- Discuss and take action on membership funds to be sent to SRBA for FY2022.
City of Sulphur Springs, Texas, $25,000.00; Franklin County, Mt Vernon, Texas, $8,000.
- Discuss and take action on a Proposed Annual Budget for FY2022.
- Discuss and take action on House Bill 1118 Cybersecurity Training requirements.
- Discuss and take action on the response to the TCEQ Watermaster Evaluation for the Cypress Creek and Sulphur River Basins.
- Discuss and take action on Engagement Letter from Wilf & Henderson, P.C. for FY21 Annual Audit for SRBA.
- Reports of regional entities
(B). Region D
(C). Flood planning Group
- Reports and Updates from Chris Hartung, Executive Director on monthly activities.
- Announcements from the Chairman and/or Staff.