NOTICE OF THE SULPHUR RIVER BASIN AUTHORITY
BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING
A REGULAR SRBA BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING WILL BE HELD ON
TUESDAY, APRIL 17, 2018 AT 1:00 P.M. AT THE MT. PLEASANT CIVIC CENTER AT 1800 N. JEFFERSON STREET IN MT. PLEASANT, TEXAS
ALL INTERESTED PARTIES ARE INVITED TO ATTEND
Notice is hereby given pursuant to V.T.C.A., Government Code, Chapter 551, that the Board of Directors of the Sulphur River Basin Authority will conduct a meeting, open to the public, on Tuesday, April 17, 2018, at 1:00 p.m., at the Mt. Pleasant Civic Center at 1800 N. Jefferson Street, Mt. Pleasant, Texas.
The Board of Directors is authorized by the Texas Open Meetings Act to convene in closed or executive session for certain purposes. These purposes include receiving legal advice from its attorney (Section 551.071); discussing real property matters (Section 551.072); discussing gifts
and donations (Section 551.073); discussing personnel matters (Section 551.074); discussing security personnel or devices (Section 551.076); or discussing economic development matters (Section 551.087). If the Board of Directors makes a determination to go into executive session on any item on this agenda, the Presiding Officers will announce that an executive session will be held and will identify the item to be discussed and provision of the Open Meetings Act that authorizes the closed or executive session.
A G E N D A
- Meeting called to order at 1:00 P.M. and welcome attendance.
- Public Comments.
- Presentation by Mr. Preston Ingram, Hageman Group, on Log Jam and problems of Sulphur River Basin.
- Presentation by Mike Buttram on Sedimentation of the Sulphur River Basin.
- Updates on the Feasibility Study.
- Updates on the Clean Rivers Program.
- Updates on Region D.
- Updates on Riverbend Water Resources District.
- Discuss and take action on the approval of the Minutes for March 20, 2018.
- Discuss and take action on the Expenditures and Cash Position.
- Discuss and take action on the election of a Vice President and Secretary/Treasurer.
- Discuss and take action on who will represent SRBA at Region D and other water districts.
- Discuss and take action on requesting a meeting with Corps of Engineers to brief the board concerning the Feasibility study prior to the TSP meeting.
- Discuss and take action on E-Mail addresses and Business cards for the Board of Directors.
- Discuss and take action on SRBA Policy for RFP’s or RFQ’s contracted services for legal and Engineers services.
- Discuss and possible action on RFP’s or RFQ for Clean Rivers Program.
- Discuss and take action regarding appointment of representation for following activities as local sponsor, Corps of Engineers/TSP and JCPD group meetings.
- Discuss and take action regarding appointment of a committee to explore additional funding sources.
- Discuss and take action regarding activities with Riverbend Water Resources District.
- Discuss and take action on the “Agreement” between SRBA and Mike Buttram.
- EXECUTIVE SESSION: In accordance with Chapter 551.074 of the Government Code concerning employment of an Executive Director.
- Re-Convene into Open Session to consider action from the Executive Session if necessary.
- Public Comments.
- Announcements from the Board of Directors and/or Staff.