- This event has passed.
SRBA BOARD MEETING TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 1, 2020
September 1 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
NOTICE OF SPECIAL CALLED MEETING
OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
SULPHUR RIVER BASIN AUTHORITY
FRANKLIN COUNTY LAW ENFORCEMENT CENTER
208 S. HIGHWAY 37, MOUNT VERNON, TEXAS
(park and enter on north side of building and look for the Annex Community Room on the right)
TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 1, 2020 @ 1:00 P.M.
ALL INTERESTED PARTIES ARE INVITED TO ATTEND
Notice is hereby given pursuant to the Texas Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551, Texas Government Code, that the Board of Directors of the Sulphur River Basin Authority will conduct a meeting, open to the public, on Tuesday, September 01, 2020, at 1:00 p.m., at the Franklin County Law Enforcement Center, 208 S. Highway 37, Mt. Vernon, Texas.
The Board of Directors may discuss, consider, and take all necessary action, including possible expenditure of funds regarding any of the agenda items below. The Board of Directors is authorized by the Texas Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551, Texas Government Code, to convene in a closed executive session for certain purposes at any time to discuss any item on a board meeting agenda. These purposes include receiving legal advice from its attorney (Section 551.071); discussing real property matters (Section 551.072); discussing gifts and donations
(Section 551.073); discussing personnel matters (Section 551.074); discussing security personnel or devices
(Section 551.076); or discussing economic development matters (Section 551.087). Any subject discussed in executive session may be subject to action during an open meeting.
If the Board of Directors makes a determination to go into a closed executive session on any item on this agenda, the Presiding Officer will announce that a closed executive session will be held and will identify the item to be discussed and provision of the Open Meetings Act that authorizes the closed executive session.
- Meeting called to order at 1:00 p.m. and welcome all in attendance.
- Public Comments.
- Presentation by Chris Hartung, Consulting, Inc., for consideration by the Board as the employment search firm to manage the search for an Executive Director for SRBA.
- Presentation by The Pace Group for consideration by the Board as the employment search firm to manage the search for an Executive Director for SRBA.
- Recess into closed executive session to discuss personnel matters in accordance with Section 551.074, Texas Government Code: the Board of Directors will interview employment search firms the Pace Group and Chris Hartung, Consulting, Inc., to manage the search for the Executive Director position.
- Re-convene into open session to consider any action from the executive session.
- Announcements from Chairman of the Board of Directors and/or Staff.